Thursday, July 16, 2009

Dossier is Submitted

We started updating our homestudy in March. Here it is only July and our dossier has been submitted to the SDA in Ukraine. Everyone is so looking forward to going over there again. Even my oldest, Colton, is thinking he can go over there and get back before college classes resume. He and Alexandra both would just as well go on over there now and be waiting for us when we arrive!

We have decided on a name for our daughter-to-be. So from here on out, she shall be called Gabrielle, which means God is my Strength. Isaiah 12:2 says: Behold, God is my salvation. I will trust and not be afraid. For the LORD GOD is my strength and my song, and He has become my salvation. God has certainly been our strength; in our marriage, in our parenting, in the daily trials of life. And He has been Gabrielle's strength all these years as she has faced life without a parent to guide her. It is my prayer that He shall become her salvation, as He has become ours.

I pray that we will hear of our date soon and that we will travel soon. And yet I rest in the sovereign will of God, knowing that His timing is perfect. May Gabrielle be reminded, even as she ponders her new name, to trust and not be afraid. May she grow strong in her faith as she waits; and, as always, may God be glorified.

No comments:

Post a Comment